An essential part of the media industry is Scriptwriting. Although often overlooked, it is a vital part of the industry. For those who are unfamiliar scriptwriting is the process of writing and developing dialogue, actions and the general story of a piece. Without a script the piece doesn’t exist. There are some general conventions of scriptwriting and certain ways in which it has to be done.
To attain a distinction in this unit there are five learning objectives that are needed in order to attain it.
1. To know about the commissioning process for writing for television and video
2. To be able to research, collect and prepare background materials
3. To be able to produce script proposals
4. To be able to pitch script proposals
5. To be able to produce scripts for television and video production